Correct methods for installing marble
Marble is installed in two ways:
1- The traditional method of installation: It is the method by which cement is used to install marble. The installation is carried out by following the following steps:
Making a layer of marble on the floor, which is considered one of the important basics in installing marble, and it is divided into several rows according to the actual areas, and they are installed one by one.
Form a little liquid cement mixture.
After working the first layer of marble and fixing it well, it must be watered with a layer of mortar until it is well fixed, and during the watering process it must be in several stages so that the first marble layer does not collapse.
Watering should be no more than 10 cm each time.
– After finishing the watering process, the gypsum bonds on the layer that were installed must be removed, and after that the specialist installs the other from the same steps as the first layer, and it must be taken into account that the ground is flat and there are none of the profusion layers, whether horizontal or main.
All the existing layers shall be installed in the same ways and the same watering used until all existing marble and the walls on which it is installed are finished.
– After finishing the installation, the excess gypsum will be broken and the marble layers cleaned with water.
The traditional method of installing marble has a low cost, and it can also be used with all types of marble.
The disadvantages of the traditional method of installing marble is that the marble absorbs the water in the mortar that is used in the installation, and that the adhesives and marble have weak cohesion strength, which leads to their disintegration when any natural disaster such as earthquakes and traditional methods need to separate the marble into pieces when used in Making decorations ..
2- Mechanical installation method: This method is considered the most used method in which the iron corners that are fixed to the wall with screws are used on the one hand and on the other side the screw is fixed by means of which the marble is fixed with some using a strong adhesive material and installation is done through the following steps:
Paint the place where you want to install marble with bitumen paint, because the mechanical method creates a space between the wall and marble and is a safe place for insects, so bitumen must be painted to eliminate these voids.
Determine the exact sizes of the marble required for the wall, and determine the locations for fixing the iron corners used for fixing the marble.
All screws used for fixing must be of stainless steel or iron coated with anti-rust and corrosion.
The wall must be brick or raised in order for the marble to be well fixed.
– The packing must be done behind the first layer of marble with concrete consisting of cement and sand in order to prevent any of the voids behind the marble slabs because they can cause a breakage easily in the event of collision of any of the objects with it.
Advantages of using mechanical methods: they are characterized by being easy to use in places with high temperatures, the marble interacts with the mortar, which leads to retaining its color, in this way the marble pieces are moved from one place to another.
As for its faults, it is determined in a high-priced universe, and there are no specialists in installing it significantly.
Also browse: Parametricism or deep relationality
Some of the types of marble used:
- Chocolate marble: it is light in weight and easy to cut and used in floors, destinations and stairs, and this type of marble is manufactured in the state of India.
- Saffron Marble: It is characterized by being of high quality and many colors, but it requires continuous cleaning and is used in the walls, floors and stairs.
- Spanish green marble: it is characterized by being dark, but it does not bear large weights and is manufactured in Spain.